Sunday, March 7, 2010

A summary of my Oscar Tweets, Part 4

8:25 p.m. I know I'm in an older crowd because many of my companions on this endless journey keep asking who some of the younger presenters are. 8:20 p.m. I don't know about you, but I'm getting bored with Oscar. Looks like George Clooney has had his fill, too. Thank goodness, there's wine. 8:20 p.m. Twilight stars (did we really need to see them at the Oscars?) pay tribute to big-screen horror. A pointless exercise. If there's a great horror film, nominate it. Otherwise, move on. 8:10 p.m. Loved the idea that the costume designer who won for The Young Victoria (Sandy Powell) paid tribute to her colleagues who didn't make films about dead monarchs. 8:06 p.m. Avatar wins its first Oscar, best art direction. I was beginning to forget about James Cameron's little picture.

No comments: